• Welcome to the forum of professional participants of the drug market!

Here you will get all the necessary information about organizing a laboratory of any size, from a small kitchen at home to an industrial facility.
    And if you have your own production, here you will find all the relevant information to improve efficiency and safety.
    In the sections of the forum you will find:

• Methods of synthesis and analysis;
    • Suppliers of chemicals and equipment;
    • Descriptions of the pharmacological action of substances;
    • Business technologies.

need help with extraction of dmt from arundo donax

Kai

Reaction score
İ heard arundo donax contains a good amounth of 5-MeO DMT if i use the same acid, base naptha extraction method on the plant can i be able to get some crystals?

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton

Expert
Reaction score
Hi, according to sources arundo donax contains DMT and its analogues. Extraction of 5-MeO DMT with vinegar, lye and naphtha is possible, but other alkaloids are also extracted in this way. In order to separate them afterwards, an individual solvent or a solvent mixture for 5-MeO DMT has to be chosen.

Kai

Reaction score
Hi, according to sources arundo donax contains DMT and its analogues. Extraction of 5-MeO DMT with vinegar, lye and naphtha is possible, but other alkaloids are also extracted in this way. In order to separate them afterwards, an individual solvent or a solvent mixture for 5-MeO DMT has to be chosen.
is it possible to isolate only the dmt also can ı use other non polar solvents for the extraction naptha is not easy the find where i live

Marvin "Popcorn" Sutton

Expert
Reaction score
Solubility of 5-MeO DMT
DMF: 30 mg/ml
DMSO: 30 mg/ml
Ethanol: 30 mg/ml
Ethanol: PBS(pH 7.2) (1:1): 0.5 mg/ml

Also found mention of d-limonene, but no proportions indicated.

Solubility of DMT
water: insoluble
dichloromethane: soluble
diethyl ether: soluble
chloroform: soluble

Last edited: